Jobs Lead QA Engineer
Be the key individual who ensures that we deliver high-quality multi-tenant SaaS code across our AWS OpsWorks managed stacks.
This position requires a methodical engineer with attention to detail who will be a member of an Agile distributed team. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to coding and execution of test cases targeting feature acceptance and customer perspective.
- Work directly with the team of software engineers in order to create, edit, and manage automation scripts.
- Define test approaches, strategies and build a QA culture.
- Write and maintain tests for Java-based backend.
- Write comprehensive test plans and documentation.
- Perform acceptance tests, smoke tests, black box testing and manual UI testing.
- 5+ years QA Engineering experience with testing and automation of full-stack Java Web applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of QA test methodologies, test automation, agile methodologies and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of cross browser testing.
- Hands on experience with Mac OS X and Linux.
- Familiarity with Maven, Github/Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, Jira, npm or comparable experience.
- Passion for product quality and eagerness to learn new technologies.
Bonus Skills & Expertise
- Experience with testing tools such as: Selenium, JMeter, The Grinder, JUnit, TestNg, SoapUI, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, EsLint, etc.
- Familiarity with: Spring MVC; Hibernate or similar ORM ; SQL and ideally MySQL; NoSql and ideally DynamoDB; Nodejs.
- Familiarity with: React.js, Flux and WebPack.
- AWS experience or comparable Cloud experience: EC2, ELB, VPC, OpsWorks, S3, CloudFront, Elasticache, etc.
- Familiarity with: Web Security, SSO, SAML2, Oauth, data encryption and security.
- Experience with QA of Restful APIs; ETL.
- Familiarity with: Solr or ElasticSearch.
- Ability to work independently within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with Tomcat7/8 or other Java based container technology.
Fidelis is building a well integrated and comprehensive learning platform for all types of learning communities be they Universities, Companies, Military Units, Government organizations, or NGOs.
The technology has a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) delivery engine at its core, but is comprehensive in that it takes a 360 degree view of learning, combining mentorship, coursework, supplementary learning, job placement and coaching into a coherent educational experience that is based on the personal goals and objectives of the individual students.
Because these capabilities are integrated onto a single platform, any learning community can flip a switch and stand up high-quality online and blended learning programs for their members.
- Well funded - closed a sizeable Series A in early 2013
- 25 customers, including Arizona State, Stanford, and the Starbucks College Achievement Plan
- Great office location in Mountain View, across the street from the San Antonio Caltrain stop
- All the toys you need to get your work done including a generous BYOD allowance
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Competitive salary and generous equity